CARFAX Canada is looking for a dynamic and motivated People & Program Specialist. This role is an opportunity for someone who is highly organized, loves planning and is tech savvy.
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce that we are looking for a new addition to our growing team in the role of People & Program Specialist. This role is an opportunity for someone who is highly organized, loves planning and is tech savvy as they will be instrumental in leading the People & Operations team through HR programs, project planning & reporting and analytics of key HR metrics, managing our best in class HR systems and technology.
The People & Program Specialist will report into the Director, People & Operations and collaborate closely with colleagues on the People & Operations team, executives, and people leaders at CARFAX Canada. As a trusted advisor, you are responsible for understanding and project planning all cyclical HR programs and initiatives. You will develop and report out on key HR metrics, trends, successes and challenges that impact the organization. You will partner with external vendors on HR systems and technology, researching and implementing best practices. Highly collaborative you will use data to educate, support and identify key milestones for policy and compliance implementation, HR projects, and learning and development.
You don’t have to be an HR expert, but you do have to be highly resourceful, creative and a collaborative, problem solver who is adept at planning and organizing projects and initiatives. You bring a consultative approach to your work, and lead with a continuous improvement mindset for developing and improving programs, technology and initiatives. You thrive in a self-directed, fast paced, fun, and dynamic work environment. You have demonstrated success managing multiple projects and priorities with various deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact by drawing on your strong desire to source, investigate, develop and maximize new and existing systems & programs.
- Lead and manage an HR calendar of activities, relevant to the employee and business life cycle
- Lead and manage the project plan, key milestone dates, communications and/or change management for HR projects and programs while collaborating with the team
- Develop and report on key HR metrics to inform future programs and priorities
- Lead the requirements gathering, research, selection, implementation, pilot testing and communication as part of the roll out of HR technology solutions
- Lead and support continuous improvement of all HR programs, systems, tools and resources by researching and prioritizing industry best practices and end user feedback
- Develop and maintain a schedule for HR policies and compliance training
- Lead HR administration support for all HR technology, systems and tools (including HRIS, employee satisfaction surveys, Learning Management System, etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with CARFAX Canada’s employees and external vendors
- Lead and manage external partnerships with key vendors and contracts for HR systems, programs and technology
Education and experience required:
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or university degree in Business, Project Management, Analytics, Human Resources or related field
- At least 3 years of prior of HR program and / or project management experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HR systems and technology is considered an asset
- Experience in developing, reporting, interpreting and drawing key insights and recommendations from metrics
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel or another analytics software
- Working knowledge or exposure to automotive, technology or data driven industries considered an asset
- Ability to utilize data through storytelling and present in a consumable format for use at all levels of the organization.
- Continuous learner adapting best practices related to emerging trends and technology in HR analytics to increase data driven decisions.
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously in a fast paced, fun, and dynamic environment
- Proficient in researching, sourcing, and recommending systems, tools and technology
- Strong ability to proactively build and foster relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver on timelines
- Ability to work cross functionally at all levels
- Need to exhibit a strong willingness to think outside the box
- Very adept at problem solving and collaborating on optimal solutions
- Strong ability to develop, report and interpret metrics, providing insights and recommendations
CARFAX Canada’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP match program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume by November 30, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
About CARFAX Canada
Do you like cake and bananas? The CARFAX Canada kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skill-sets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARFAX Canada? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.