Are you passionate about designing scalable, high-performance, flexible software platforms? If yes, then you could be our new Software Architect!
Reporting to the VP Technology, this position provides architectural leadership to all aspects of our software platforms.
The successful candidate will own our organizational software architecture, working closely with our Development Managers and Scrum Master. Additionally, you will work in coordination with our DevOps, Data, and Product teams. You will review and evaluate current practices, develop and integrate new architectural practices, and develop strategies to address technical debt.
Key areas of influence will include performance management, testing, security, deployment and integration, and machine learning.
You will be the technical SME for all engineering projects and initiatives that need to be delivered, cross-functionally. Our products are developed in an agile scrum methodology.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth and performance specialist to excel and grow your career.
- Responsible for ensuring CARPROOF’s Enterprise Architecture is scalable, including the right technology choices (e.g. platform, languages, libraries, frameworks, etc.)
- Provides architectural blueprints, standards, designs, and reviews
- Act as a high-level decision maker for technical direction and standards
- Adept in developing and maintaining best practices for testing, deploying and developing code for software development
- Perform higher-level code reviews from an architecture, performance, and security standpoint
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- 10+ years expertise designing highly available software solutions, especially within a Microsoft environment
- Expert knowledge of Performance, CI, CD, automated testing, and quality methodologies
- Unstoppable platform knowledge of Azure, JIRA, and git
- SQL and noSQL expertise
- Leader in security and privacy knowledge, and how to properly implement and review
- Design documentation systems such as UML
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
CARPROOF’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP matching program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARPROOF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
Do you like cake and bananas? The CARPROOF kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program, so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget, so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARPROOF? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.