Are you a natural relationship builder?
Would you like to work for a company that supports a family friendly work environment?
Do you like to know that your work will make a difference to children and youth?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) – and become the newest member of our growing team.
Position Title: Technical Program Manager, Web Sites
Position Status: 12 month contract with potential for extension and/or renewal, eligible for benefits. This position also has the potential for the flexibility in number of hours and/or an independent contractor.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Let’s Talk Science (LTS) is an award-winning, national charitable organization focused on education and outreach to support youth development. Through the creation and delivery of unique learning programs and services that engage children, youth and educators in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), staff and volunteers support learning and skill development. Committed to inspiring and empowering Canadian youth to develop the skills they need to participate and thrive in an ever-changing world, LTS offers programs, resources and services that motivate all ages to fulfill their potential and prepare them for future careers and roles as citizens. LTS has excited, inspired and engaged more than 4 million children, youth, educators and volunteers in STEM since its inception.
This position is located in our office in London, Ontario.
We invite you to visit our website (www.letstalkscience.ca) to learn more about our organization.
The Technical Program Manager, Web Sites will oversee the definition of a strategic web initiative from inception and scope development through to implementation at Let’s Talk Science. Working with diverse internal teams (i.e. Web Development, Programs, External Relations, and Operations) and external agencies, the Program Manager will oversee the consolidation of existing web properties into a new Let’s Talk Science Online experience. The successful candidate will have oversight for the design and build of a new online presence, including all relevant data migration from current English and French web properties. The successful candidate will have a proven track record managing complex web projects, excellent communication skills, a demonstrated commitment to user-centred design and strong technical knowledge.
A senior resource in the organization, the Technical Program Manager, Web Sites will ensure Let’s Talk Science makes informed and timely decisions that will allow it to develop and execute on the development and build of its new online presence. The incumbent will:
• Guide and inform decision making throughout the project by providing clear and timely information and recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team at Let’s Talk Science
• Coordinate all components required to deliver an integrated (multi-language and mobile optimized) web experience for Let’s Talk Science, including data migration from existing properties, QA and deployment
• Coordinate all project efforts (business analysis/project management)
• Direct the requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
• Drive, align and define operational and development functions to deliver an optimal user experience (end user experience/satisfaction)
• Drive definition of data requirements, analytical needs as well as implementation of report delivery mechanics (reporting and analytics)
• Oversee the implementation of a new content management system
• Manage the process for training and supporting internal users on the new system
• Help the organization to develop and adopt an effective post-release governance model
• Post-secondary education in web development, information technology or a related discipline; equivalent work experience will be considered
• Prior leadership role(s) in a cross-functional Web site transformation initiative for a complex and fast-changing organization
• Demonstrated ability to deliver Web and IT development projects on time, on budget, on quality
• Strong technical background in Web site design, development, deployment and maintenance
• Broad understanding of computing systems, networking, operating systems, administration and development tools, strategies and best practices
• Ability to develop and adhere to governance models for Web site development
• Understanding of modern system architectures, and scalable design patterns as well as responsive development cycles and strategies (system/solution architectures)
• Ability to implement standards and practices for Web development including dev ops
• Experience helping an organization to develop and adopt an effective post-release governance model
• Eager to mentor and coach a variety of stakeholders including technical and non-technical staff
• Track record with multi-lingual Web sites and/or education-focused sites strongly preferred
• Broad familiarity with a range of common development tools, frameworks and systems for modern web applications and web services (web development practices)
• Knowledge or experience with highly virtualized and container based development, testing and deployment environments. Deep understanding of hosting services and deployment processes and scalability (release management, hosting and deployment practices)
• Experience managing the process of training and supporting internal users on new systems
• Willingness to travel to meetings and other events as required
• Intuitive grasp of organizational structure in order to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation
• Bilingual (English and French) an asset
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent project management with proven experience coordinating complex technical projects with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent communication – ability to communicate and articulate technical details and understanding to both technical and non-technical audiences (communications) both verbally and in writing
• Commitment to user insight as a key driver in Web development
• Comfort with “managing up” with an executive sponsor
• Experience speaking as the “voice of the customer” with diverse internal and external stakeholders in a Web transformation initiative
• Ability to manage a virtual team while maintaining the flexibility to adapt to the changing circumstances and priorities of a dynamic and growing organization
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to operate on a strategic level including foreseeing potential impacts of the operating environment and managing risk
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work outside regular hours on occasion
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and ability to learn new software
• Proven leadership skills – positive attitude, persuasive and motivating
• Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills
• Demonstrated ability to create and facilitate meetings, feedback sessions, briefings etc. in order to create consensus among stakeholders
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• The Technical Program Manager, Web Sites will report to the Project Executive Sponsor – Vice President, External Relations
• Works closely with staff within Web Development, Program, External Relations, and Operations functions
• Leads Let’s Talk Science relationships with external agencies and vendors, as assigned
This is a 12 month contract with potential for extension and/or renewal. This position also has the potential for the flexibility in number of hours and/or an independent contractor located in our office in London, ON.
This position will be open until filled. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) as outlined below and quote either “Technical Program Manager, Web Sites – Contract Employee” or “Technical Program Manager, Web Sites – Independent Contractor to:
Manager, Human Resources, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London, ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you require an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Human Resources contact listed above. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.