You are a people person who enjoys speaking with people often. You have mastered the art of effective communication through both listening and active questioning, and this skill will be essential for you to both understand the challenges that organizations face in maintaining public safety as well as articulate Media Sonar’s value proposition to generate interest in our solutions.
The position could require light travel for trade shows and other related activities, and reports directly to the Director of Sales.
What we’d like you to do:
· Articulate the Media Sonar messaging and value proposition to new prospects in a consultative, solutions-based sales approach
· Meet specified monthly/quarterly lead generation targets for qualified prospects using various techniques including telephone, email, targeted campaigns, and networking opportunities
· Identify new sources for lead generation activities, including internet research, relevant blogs, and leveraging social media such as LinkedIn
· Conduct introductory demonstrations of the Media Sonar product
· Manage the prospect/user contact lists within Salesforce
· Work with Marketing, Sales and Product Development as it relates to product, industry, and competitive information learned during your work, and provide feedback on product/marketing messaging
· Attend trade shows and conferences on occasion to promote our solution and generate new prospects for our business
· Other duties as required
You should be someone who has/is:
· Minimum of 1 year of business development experience with proven results
· University or College degree with demonstrated excellence in your field of study. Sales, Marketing, Business or Communications background would be ideal
· Understanding of lead generation process and how to manage a sales funnel
· Proven ability to meet and exceed lead generation and revenue targets
· Experience with Salesforce.com is desirable
· Holds a solid understanding of the social media space, including networks such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr and blogs
· Detail oriented and analytical
· Strong team player but still a self-starter
· Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on the-fly
· Superior written and verbal communication with excellent presentation skills
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity and the chance to work with an experienced group in a fun and entrepreneurial technology company, email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com .
Media Sonar is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to provide accommodation to candidates throughout the interview process upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
About Media Sonar Technologies Inc.
A great place to work is all about the people. We believe great attitudes lead to great results, and we’re looking for individuals who are passionate about solving problems, seeking out creative answers, and smashing the status quo.
If you want to build things that matter; we’re the team for you.
Learn more about us at www.mediasonar.com/careers