JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT OF TECHNOLOGY
Location: London, ON
Founded in 2005, Voices.com is the largest global online marketplace for audio and voice over products and services comprised of half a million business clients and voice actors. Its flagship website, Voices.com, records approximately two million unique visitors annually and has enabled over 250,000 transactions to date. Voices.com recently completed an USD$18M growth financing with Morgan Stanley’s Growth Fund to further accelerate the Company’s online leadership position Headquartered in London, Canada, the company employees more than 100 people and has clients and voice talent in 160 countries. Its core values are: Growth, action, simplicity, teamwork and integrity.
We are looking for a passionate and continuous learner who can bring innovative ideas to the table. As head of the technology team at Voices.com, you will be a proven leader in team development, technical vision, execution, and foster a customer centric culture throughout Voices.com.
In this leadership role, you will align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies. You are also responsible for leading all product development and IT initiatives within the organization. You will maintain existing enterprise systems, and provide direction in all technology-related matters in support of information operations at Voices.com.
As part of the executive team reporting to the CEO, you will lead our technology vision and strategy, demonstrate data-driven business decision making, and exhibit strong interdepartmental communication by closely collaborating with the VP of Product and the VP of Marketing.
- Define a clear technology vision and strategy based on our customer’s needs, corporate objectives and our key metrics
- Provide leadership, knowledge and appreciation of the software development life-cycle (waterfall, incremental, agile), as well as process management methods and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Support and motivate the technology team by empowering them to fail fast, minimize risk and collaborate cross-functionally to achieve our innovation goals
- Write and execute enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Implement an agile environment that allows for responsible rapid change when required
- Bring a data driven approach: extremely comfortable in the language of data and statistical analysis, you understand the value of a metrics focused strategy;
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
- Institute an Incident and Problem Management (IMO) process
- Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Submit annual scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax credit applications and other government incentive programs as they arise
- Oversee and develop patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes
- 10+ years of recent experience leading a Technology team
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate function
- Highly strategic thinker with experience in the technology/software industry, specifically strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
- An excellent understanding of cloud-based systems, and cloud deployment
- A proven track record of delivering successful digital products into the hands of hundreds of thousands of users globally
- Experience instituting governance processes of the organization’s architecture, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, desktops and hardware
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs
- Experience working in a lean or agile environment that allows for responsible rapid change when required
- Demonstrated ability to attract, motivate and manage the best and brightest team in a competitive job market, and to coach, develop, and retain our engineering talent
- Experience in change management and getting buy-in as you steer the team through our growth and evolution
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and cloud-based systems, including Salesforce.com customer relationship management (CRM), content management systems and the LAMP stack; Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Experience in ITIL and ITSM would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues
- A skilled people leader who invests in developing high-performing, customer centric, kind and collaborative people and teams
- Professionally assertive, action orientated, hands-on “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Makes decisions in the best interest of Voices.com and our customers, absent of personal ego or agenda and leads with same philosophy
- Builds trust and effective relationships with peers on the leadership team and throughout the company
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. Please include links to your work. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Vice President of Technology candidates in advance.