JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE WEB DEVELOPER
Location: London, ON
Founded in 2005, Voices.com is the largest global online marketplace for audio and voice over products and services comprised of half a million business clients and voice actors.
Its flagship website, Voices.com, records approximately two million unique visitors annually and has enabled over 250,000 transactions to date. Voices.com recently completed an $18M growth financing with Morgan Stanley’s Growth Fund to further accelerate the Company’s online leadership position. Headquartered in London, Canada, the company employees more than 100 people and has clients and voice talent in 160 countries.
Voices.com offers talented and motivated Web Developers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company. As the ideal Web Developer, you will work from an open concept environment and be set-up with a suite of Web development tools. Through internal advancement opportunities and a competitive salary you’ll have the chance to create a career that you can be proud of. Don’t miss your chance to join our winning team!
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Design and implement our web backend platform, fast
- Evaluate and spec out new product development opportunities
- Rapidly iterate on software projects
- Research and advise on new technologies and improvements
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to fulfill multiple roles
- Attention to detail and quality
- 3+ years experience in database-driven web site development
- Experience in development of video/multimedia sites, community sites, or other web applications
- Knowledge of social media, social networking and modern web apps
- In-depth knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and Apache
- Expertise in Linux
- Excellent presentation skills, relational skills, communication (telephone and email), dependable, reliable, ambitious, driven
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Web Developer candidates in advance.