Reporting to QA Manager, you will be a proactive enthusiastic team member with a primary responsibility of performing tests on applications to isolate and solve issues.
As part of this team, you will work closely with team members and developers to find solutions to technical problems to ensure the product meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance. Thus, your self-motivation and desire to learn will be very critical in this role.
- Develop and execute manual and automated test scenarios;
- Assist with developing quality assurance standards and measures;
- Assess and report problems and errors which are discovered;
- Focus and prioritize testing based on prior areas of concern, and areas of current/future development focus;
- Identify areas in software applications that require modification prior to being released;
- Maintain own testing environment using sample field data;
- Report bugs, track defects, and collaborate with developers to resolve issues;
- Propose appropriate solutions to problems discovered during testing; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 2+ years’ work experience in software testing;
- Experience diagnosing, reporting and tracking quality issues;
- Good working knowledge of database technologies;
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, QA processes and modern test methodologies;
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution;
- Experience with tools that support automated testing (including Java, JUnit, Selenium, and the Jenkins continuous integration tool); and
- Aviation experience/knowledge a plus, as is fluency in other languages
Why Work for Us?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits based on experience and a proven track record of success, relative to the deliverables of the role.
We are proud to offer a flexible work schedule maximizing good work-life balance, and Happy Summer Fridays during the summer so that everyone gets to enjoy the sunshine a little more. There are different social committee events and quarterly Town Hall meetings to foster teamwork and a strong, long-lasting work relationship.
Do you want to hear more about what we can offer? Why not check out our website and see what is available? We are hiring for different roles and would love to hear from qualified individuals like yourself!
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.
AV-BASE Systems, Inc. (dba WinAir) is a proud developer and supporter of structurally integrated and cost-efficient maintenance and inventory control systems for 30 years. With our head office in London, Ontario, we provide WinAir software to a number of different fixed- and rotary-wing operators worldwide.
Celebrating our 30th anniversary, WinAir was also recognized by the local business community during the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, as the winner of the Business of the Year award in the medium-sized category in 2018.
Would you like to become a part of an award-winning company that is growing more than ever? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for opportunities for growth in different job functions? Then shout out to us!