New development role that will be responsible to lead/design architecture being able to scale CDK products and drive revenue. Your expertise in Front end and back end complex solutions will make a difference to expand our offerings and grow the business. Primarily in designing, coding, testing and supporting software products and related materials. Through virtual methods and department procedures, development focus is to meet the clients’ needs and support CDK Global Heavy Equipment Division software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design custom applications to convert clients’ data to conform to CDK software requirements. Software development is influenced by other software engineers, virtual implementation consultants (VIC’s) or supervisor to support dealership business practices and goals
- Perform debugging and system level testing on programs. Emphasis is on the converted data to ensure accuracy
- Create interfaces to or from other applications or databases
- Ability to meet deliverables for different project milestones
- Conducts post implementation changes and assists in follow-up meetings with project team to ensure optimum application usage, accuracy of customization
- Participate in code reviews for development projects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills – internal team partnerships
Education: BS/BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education / experience
- Experience with current software development methodologies and processes
- JAVA and AngularJS experience required
- Analysis and design experience required
- Experience with Procedural oriented design concepts and relational databases preferred
- Working knowledge of the midrange operating system
- Ability to code from requirement, functional and/or design documents
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information
- Superior communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a team member with limited supervision
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to efficiently plan workload and prioritize to meet deadlines
This position description outlines the general nature and level of work performed. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties required of the associate.
About CDK Global
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Accelerate Your Career Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 27,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.