Diebold Nixdorf is looking for a UX Analyst to join our fantastic team in London, Ontario. This is an opportunity to work in a collaborative and fast-paced business that delivers innovation to the financial services industry. You will be a member of a User Experience team of graphic designers and multi-media developers. This team collaborates with product owners, architects and developers to deliver solutions that include self-service applications, mobile, tablet, branch teller platforms, and desktop applications. You will be responsible for analyzing and documenting requirements through the creation of process flows, wireframes, personas and use cases. You will participate in Agile team processes such as sprint planning, daily scrums and retrospectives.
This position is for you if you have a keen interest in user experience and the environmental and technical factors that influence this. If you excel at diversion from the happy path to identify the exceptions and pain points and you drive solutions that address them, this is your opportunity! You will participate in multiple concurrent projects.
- Drive solutions and document requirements new products and new feature initiatives
- Plan requirements gathering and design activities. Collaborate with graphic designers, architects, product, project, and development managers to determine required needs based on product backlog prioritization
- Champion delivery of feature sets via a design schedule, and work with team members to translate the technical solution into feature / benefit propositions for the marketplace
- Prepare detailed requirements documentation including primary flow, secondary flow and exception handling
- Gather requirements and define the business need and desired outcome that stakeholders are looking to achieve
- Have in-depth knowledge of global accessibility requirements and ensure solutions are compliant
- Aligning your decisions with high-level organizational strategies, KPIs, and business objectives, working with other team leaders to translate these into team and personal goals
- Staying on top of the latest techniques being used by our direct competitors, and identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantages through benchmarking, consumer insight, market analysis, and other techniques
- Valuing data over opinion, by basing decisions on site metrics and user research findings and insights. You can do this because you’re comfortable with multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods and instruments, like surveys, usability testing, multivariate testing, A/B testing, ethnography, contextual inquiry, persona and scenario development, mental models and remote research
- Promoting a culture where critique and feedback are central to the work we do, and ensure teams have regular opportunities to critique and be critiqued
- Critiquing your own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance, and acting independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
- Staying focused on continuously improving and re-evaluating user experience best practices
- Valuing emotional safety, focusing teams on celebrating failures, and highlight lessons learned from those failures
- Working in a collaborative environment with people who have a variety of skills that collectively contribute to the final solution
- Participate in Agile team processes such as sprint planning, daily scrums and retrospectives.
Need to haves
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a graphics/multimedia design role
- Experience in UX research
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Multimedia Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to synthesize research findings into clear and concise requirements and meaningful insights
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to present findings with eloquence and concision
- Expert at producing deliverables such as personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, etc.
- Creative, curious and eager to learn and grow
- Open to feedback from team members and clients
- Experience in digital development life cycle processes including a high level of familiarity with current digital practices, trends and topics
- Strong analytical abilities, backed by ergonomic skills
- Understanding of modern web standards and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of usability and interaction design for web, tablet and mobile
- In-depth knowledge of design principals, industry standards and trends, platform standards and the software development processes
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Understanding of responsive design
- Strong knowledge of widely accepted UX tools such as Axure, Sketch, Visio.
- Expertise in Requirements Gathering, Analysis, and Documentation
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
About Diebold Nixdorf
In today's digital era, choosing the right partner is more critical than ever. Diebold Nixdorf is a strategic, collaborative end-to-end provider of services, software, and hardware for the financial and retail industries.