Bring your IT expertise and thought leadership to our Project Management Office
A business professional with 5 to 8 years of relevant IT experience in a mid-to-senior management capacity, you combine strong technical knowledge of computer applications such as SAP with a solid understanding of the electrical utility market. As a Director, PMO, reporting to the VP, Corporate Services or designate, you will provide strategic project management and delivery of all Information Technology projects.
Key duties and responsibilities of the PMO Director role will include:
· Contributing to strategic direction/plan, roadmap and business plan of London Hydro’s IT landscape, including emerging technologies.
· Selection and application of appropriate computer technologies, ensuring compatibility with existing technologies, including SAP, Itron, Intergraph, Green Button and Mobility/Web.
· Managing the Project Management Office, including internal and external London Hydro staff.
· Program management from initiation through implementation, including strategic planning, business case application, budget preparation and management, quality assurance and testing management, resource management (internal and external staff) through to project completion.
· Development of business cases, including ROI / NPV analysis.
· Preparing regular status reports of ongoing project activities for the Executive and Steering Committees.
· Managing service level agreements, hardware and software selection, consulting services and supplies.
· Leading the development and evaluation of Requests for Proposals for IT project-related services.
· Developing annual capital budget preparation for IT applications.
· Adhering to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
· Documenting, communicating, and following up on all health and safety incidents, near misses and identified hazards.
· Preparing a health and safety training plan each year and completing identified training by year-end for all areas of responsibility.
· Conducting health and safety meetings with all staff.
· Completing workplace audits, action items and follow-ups.
The qualified Director, PMO we seek must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a Computer Science, Engineering or Business degree from a recognized university.
- A PMP certification is preferred; furthermore, an MBA would be an asset.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant IT experience in a mid-to-senior management role.
- Successful, demonstrable record of significant achievements in the Information Technology field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer applications: SAP, Intergraph, Oracle Database, Webtools (.net), JD Edwards, and Mobile Apps.
- Strong knowledge of the Electrical Utility market, including Smart Meters, Time-of-Use Billing, Meter Data Management/Repository, Retailer and
- Wholesale Settlement, Distribution System Automation, Demand Control and Outage Management, and Geographic Information Systems.
- Business savvy, including business planning, business case analysis, and ROI/NPV analysis.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a single document, saving the file as your last name and first name with no spaces (i.e., LastnameFirstname), by Wednesday, October 31, 2018, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Director, PMO in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to applicants who are authorized to work in Canada.