StarTech.com is looking for talented, tech-savvy, and customer-focused individuals to join our team of dynamic and motivated Technical Advisors. If you’re passionate about helping others and possess strong analytical mind and troubleshooting skills, we want to hear from you!
The Technical Advisory Team at StarTech.com provides both technical and pre-sales support to domestic and international StarTech.com partners and individual end-users. Our Technical Advisors work cross-functionally with other teams such as Sales, Marketing and Product, gaining not only a broad view of our organization, but contributing to the overall success and continuous growth of a rapidly scaling, global organization.
In This Role You Will
- Have hands on access to over 3500 products and leading-edge connectivity technologies and peripherals (plus a sweet employee discount!)
- Work as part of a team that celebrates all things technology
- Put your knowledge and troubleshooting skills to good use while consulting with other IT professionals on product specifications, features and benefits
- Be someone’s hero by tackling complicated situations and boiling them down into easy-to-understand explanations
- Successfully support the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of StarTech.com products
- Play a key role in the continued growth of StarTech.com by providing best-in-class support to our global end users and channel partners
- Have the opportunity to work from home or join our team at our StarTech.com HQ!
- Achieve invaluable, foundational knowledge and experience that will launch your career at StarTech.com
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team of diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- Post-secondary education, preferably in an IT related discipline
- Relevant work experience in a related IT field
- Keen interest and passion for the IT industry, specifically related to connectivity, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to successfully communicate with and support customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Experience with remote support software and tools for troubleshooting
- Additional languages to support our global customers
- Knowledge of StarTech.com products
- Familiarity with new and emerging technology
- Certifications such as A+ and Network+ through CompTIA
What We Offer
- A comprehensive 8-week paid training program
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply–Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we’re a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We continue with double digit year-over-year growth and operate in a number of countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
StarTech.com is a winner of the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its designation for eight consecutive years. We’ve also been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private US companies for 10 consecutive years and are on the Profit 500 list of fastest growing Canadian companies.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously. By conquering new markets and creating career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!