Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company.
As the ideal candidate, you will work from an open concept environment and be set-up with a suite of app development tools. Through internal advancement opportunities and a competitive salary you’ll have the chance to create a career that you can be proud of. Don’t miss your chance to join our winning team!
- Extend the capabilities of an existing Android store app including new features, maintenance and in response to new form factors
- Design and implement new features
- Evaluate and spec out new product development opportunities
- Rapidly iterate on software projects in conjunction with agile teams
- Integrate the apps with web-based APIs and microservices
- Lead development projects from concept to launch
- Research and advise on new technologies and improvements
- Manage in-store beta tests and releases
- Experience in development of video/multimedia, community, or other applications
- Unit testing for feature compliance, performance and edge-cases
- Knowledge of social media, social networking and modern web apps
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, dependable, reliable, ambitious, driven
- Should be able to manage and produce high quality products
Educational & Background Requirements
- 3+ years of Android application design and development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Android SDK, Open-source Android libraries and Java
- Experience in REST, JSON, XML, SOAP
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to fulfill multiple roles
- Attention to detail and quality
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Application Development or equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. Please include links to your work. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Android Applications Developer candidates in advance.