Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices.com offers talented and motivated QA Analysts the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company. As the ideal QA Analyst, you will conduct software testing and analyzes results to ensure they comply with specifications and company standards, prepare reports on the same and confers with programmers, product managers and the Vice President of Technology. The QA Analyst ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all QA testing activities.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Ensure all strategic projects and operational projects meet the highest quality possible by following industry recognized QA methodologies and best practices. The candidate must have experience in structured testing methodology, with a proven ability to breakdown business requirements/functional/non-functional requirements into high and detailed test cases and test scenarios.
- Develop test plans, test strategies, end to end test plan, test cases/scenarios and QA metric in support of test execution. Perform full functional, integration & regression testing on assigned projects. Experience in conducting walkthroughs of Test Plan and Test Cases with the project team and business. Be proficient in providing test estimates. Be proficient in gathering/creating test data using complex SQL queries.
- Review functional specifications and assist in evaluating test approach profiling of manual test cases for automation test opportunities.
- Work with the customer Support during user acceptance testing. Conducts proper hand-off and walkthroughs with Customer Support staff.
- Assist Technical services during upgrades of automations tools and environments. Supporting computer operations issues or concerns as it pertains to Automation tools and environment.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and client interaction skills as they will be required to work closely with customer support, a diverse group of users, IT Management and application developers, in order to develop test strategies/ test scenarios and to follow QA process consistently for strategic and operational projects.
- 2+ years of experience performing both manual and automated software testing on web and mobile applications.
- Experience testing web applications built on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) technologies.
- Experience with database queries (SQL) and the construction of test databases.
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms.
- Must be able to prepare test cases and test plan for large scale projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking is a must.
- Experience in all aspects of testing including unit, module, integration, functional, usability, performance, and security testing.
- Ability to monitor system logs and database records to verify technical test case results.
- Must be able to perform in a small team / startup environment.
- Prior experience as a software analyst / programmer will be a plus.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, software engineering or related field.
Equal Employment Opportunities
This company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with Federal, Provincial and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment. The company desires to keep a work environment free of sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, age or any other status protected by Federal, Provincial or local laws.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Quality Assurance Analyst candidates in advance.